Trip Management and Fundraising
How to Create a Trip
Set basic trip details to include:
- Trip Name
- Trip URL – this is also known as your trip “slug” that is used with the Pure Charity Plugin Shortcodes.
- Region – It is common to use “Worldwide” if you want to keep trip location private.
- City or Country
- Privacy Option
- Trip Start & End Date
Set advanced trip details (optional):
- Trip ID – Commonly used for easy trip identification in reporting or Salesforce.
- Registrations – Select one of three privacy options. “Open” = Public, anyone can register. Closed” = Publicly Viewable, registration by invite only. “Hidden” = Not publicly viewable and registration by private link only.
- Category – Trip categories can be used to display specific trip categories via Plugin Shortcodes
- Tags – Tags can be used in combination with Categories or separately to control trips display via Plugin Shortcodes
Set Trip Story and Branding:
- Upload trip avatars, widget images, and cover images.
- Short Description
- About the Trip
There are multiple configuration options for Trip Registrations. We have a couple of items to note:
- Registration Type Availability – You can create multiple Registration Types such as “Early Bird” registration, Adult vs. Child registrations, etc.
- Participants can register without full payment – allows people to pay some or none when registering for the trip.
- A deposit is required to register for this trip – requires a deposition when registering for the trip.
- Trip guarantees are a key feature in ensuring payment and/or fundraising goals stay on track to meet the financial requirements of the trip.
- Trip Guarantees work by pre-authorizing a credit card payment from the trip attendee for the difference between how much they have raised or paid by a set date vs. the financial requirements at that time.
- An example: $500 is due on Jan 1st to purchase plane tickets. A person registered for the trip has raised $450 on Jan 1st, so a Payment Guarantee is run to charge the trip attendee $50 to cover the difference between what has been raised and what is due.
- Please note: Trip Guarantees can be stopped, managed, and controlled by each attendee.
Trip Requirements are used to collect the information needed to go and/or qualify for a trip. Common requirements include Emergency Contact information, Passport information, etc.
Pure Charity provides a set of commonly used Standard Form such as:
- Business Affiliation Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Family Information Form
- Medical Information Form
- Passport Form
- Personal Information Form
- Skills Form
Additionally, Pure Charity includes the ability to create Custom Forms for each trip. Please note that Custom Forms are not able to be synchronized with Salesforce.
Trip Management & Fundraising
- Creating a Basic Trip
- Trip Organizers & Admin Functions
- Trip Branding
- Trip Dashboards & Admin Management
- Trip Requirements & Forms
- Trip Payment Guarantees & Milestones
- Trip Fundraising
- Trip Communication with Trip Leaders and Trip Attendees
- Trip Updates
- Trip Approval Process
- Integration & Display of Trips in Nonprofit’s Website (Plug-Ins & Embeds)
- Customization Options of WordPress & Embedded Trips
Grown with love from Downtown Bentonville, Austin, Florida, and Vermont